5.4.16

Weekend Picnic by the Cave



A week ago, I got the chance to celebrate Easter Sunday by one of the most stunning hidden place just an hour and 15 minutes drive from Marbella. "Cueva del Gato" in Benaoján or The Cat's Cave is a breath taking hidden paradise where two rivers join as one comes out of a cave having travelled through the mountain and ending in a beautiful waterfall. A great place for a picnic or a stroll after visiting Ronda and just relax.





The weather wasn't particularly great that day but the surrounding was just too beautiful to worry about the misbehaving weather.





We set up a little spot where we had a little snack, took some pictures then I went up but chickened out before reaching the entrance since the stairs going up was quite slippery and not to mention quite steep to climb further with my slippers (yes, very appropriate indeed).











I wore this lovely embroidered eyelet dress from Joie (currently 25% off for full-price & sales items from Shopbop until 7th of April with the code: INTHEFAM) which I have been eyeing since seeing it on their Instagram page. I think it would be a great dress for picnics, tea party or for the summer holidays.



The place was too dreamy and after many years of living in Andalusia, I must admit I have never been to this place and regret not looking it up before.









The cave is quite huge and I don't know if you can see there's a person in the middle right (where I managed to climb with my flip-flops and stopped). I was going to go further more but after seeing a man in front of me with appropriate climbing boots slipped twice (with two small children with him), no thanks.







We drove down till the rural Hotel Cueva del Gato and parked close to it and walked a little bit to get to the entrance of the cave, surely not a difficult place to access so if you are planning to visit Andalusia on your next trip make sure to include Cueva del Gato on your list and pass by this hidden gem.


Shop the post:


JOIE EMBROIRED EYELET DRESS, KAYU WOVEN TOTE, EUGENIA KIM HAT, TKEES FLIP FLOPS