22.3.16

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk & Pink Venus




A lip liner has never been a part of my makeup routine before since I didn't like anything that will make my pout more plumper than it already is (though I sometimes use Too Faced Lip Liner in Perfect Nude to line just my natural lip line to define my lips)  and it also tends to dry out my lips which can enhance the flakes on my dry lips so I like to keep it natural and just prime my lips with a normal balm. Lately I have been watching a lot of makeup tutorials and in some of the videos I kept hearing good things  about the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk and how most of my favourite Youtube bloggers raved about it.. but I wasn't just about to jump and join the trend, yet.



After reading a bit more about the product and seeing tempting pretty swatches.. and thinking about it for weeks.. I am finally sold and yes, I did jumped and ordered the two bestselling shades Pillow Talk & Pink Venus. 



Left to right Pink Venus is a warm nude shade (though it appears to be more salmon pink on my lips)  Pillow Talk is a muted pinky nude (which gives my lips that "my lips but much better shade").







Both shades are very pretty and looks very natural on my lips (oops no lip swatches yet! sorry). I can see why there's a huge hype going on about these beauties, they glide so creamy and beautifully that they ended up becoming my current favourite "no shine, natural lip" liner / lipstick filling my whole lips with it. I was a bit worried that it might emphasise the dry flakes on my lips but fortunately it did not and I did not find it drying at all, it even survived even after eating.





I ordered mine online through Net-A-Porter since they are not available locally, each costs 22€ (plus  shipping fees) quite expensive for a lipliner if i must say but for the price I paid it did lived up to my expectations. It's long-wearing, did not stain my braces, doesn't emphasise my dry flakes (not drying at all) and the shades are both beautiful and looks very natural which would probably suit most skin tones.

My verdict? I am in love! I am already thinking about stocking up As expected from Charlotte Tilbury's makeup line the shades are very pretty and universal, I have a couple of products from her line that I truly do adore (see it here). I would definitely repurchase and would recommend it for those of your who loves natural looking lip liners that won't dry your lips, it also comes in few more shades so there's plenty to choose from for everyone.

Have you tried the Charlotte Tilbury makeup line? Do you have any favourites that you would like to recommend? I'd love to hear them in the comments below! Thanks

Shop the post: