15.1.16

Clinique Chubby Sticks



Recently upon watching (my favourite Youtube beauty blogger), Tanya Burr's Olivia Palermo makeup tutorial and discovered Clinique's Chubby Sticks. I know that it's not new to any makeup lover but for me after having a bad experience with some of their products few years ago I stayed away from it since. But.. (here comes the but!) after seeing how natural and pretty it looks on Tanya's lips.. I was sold and I knew I wanted to see it firsthand! I have a fair to medium warm skin tone with very pigmented lips so I was not entirely sure if the colours are going to show well when applied on my lips.



Clinique's Chubby Stick is described as "a self-nourishing balm loaded with mango and shea butter."



The first one I got is the shade 19 Supreme Sorbet a pretty light pink but it's very light that it made me look washed out, though I applied a little too much just to make sure it will appear in the picture.





The next one is 17 Plumped Up Pink a subtly shimmery cool toned bright pink but not too bright for daily wear. I'm surprised that it lasted me about 3-4 hours without reapplying, it's moisturising and does not emphasise dry patches.





20 Jumbo Jasmine is one of the best shade among these 5 that I would really consider wearing everyday. It's a slightly cool toned mauve / rose shade which I find one of the most wearable bright pink tinted lip moisturiser that I own and a little bit is enough to give my lips a natural rosy look.





The fourth shade I chose is 06 Woppin Watermelon which is apparently one of the best selling shade  from their permanent collection. It's a pretty ballerina pink and a light swipe to your lips will give you nude lips (depending on your skin tone).





I know for some of you may think that they all look the same or very similar but 07 Super Strawberry  is my favourite among these 5. It's the most natural shade in the permanent collection which matches very close to my natural lip colour and is also another best selling colour that even locally has been sold out on most stores.

 I have been wearing this shade since I bought it few weeks ago and has been since my go-to tinted lip moisturiser instead of a lipstick. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing lipsticks but for everyday makeup I prefer something subtle and moisturising because some lipsticks tend to get a little drying at times so I'm really delighted when I found these adorable beauty must-haves. They are lightweight like a lipstick you only need to twist it up for a quick / easy application, they are packed with Vitamin E to help protect your lips against damages and environmental aggressors. There are many shades to choose from that would suit different skin tones. Current RRP is €17.99.

Have you tried these tinted lip moisturiser? Let me know in the comments below! hugs

(On my face: Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser in Porcelain, Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder & Too Faced Love Flush in Love Hangover)

Shop the post: