28.11.15

Holiday Beauty Gift Ideas / Guide

LFCollage
Through the years of purchasing and trying out beauty products which I have liked and ended up discarding to bin or gave it to someone else I finally found a couple of products that actually works wonders and have been since considered my "beauty holy grail". Today I'd like to share my Holiday Beauty Gift Ideas for your girlfriends & family.

I'm going to start with this Ciaté nail polish in Hutch which is a glossy red and is a classic colour that is a perfect match of a little black dress for the upcoming Festive Season.

The GHD Limited Edition hair straightener in Vintage Pink is already on my Christmas wish list. I like styling my hair and I knew I needed to invest on a good quality hair styling tool that are less damaging and requires little time to heat up and therefore a year ago I decided to change my 3 years old HerStyler straightener with the  Gold Classic Styler. I must say I did liked the one from GHD because it heats up quite fast which allows me to straighten my thick hair in just about 15 minutes more or less. It's a great gift for someone who loves to style their hair since it's not only for straightening but you could also create soft curls with it.

I use heat on my hair about every other day and I also dye my hair every month so you can imagine the amount of process my hair undergoes on a daily basis therefore I'd like to use a hydrating or repairing hair mask twice a week to keep my hair soft and smooth. This Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask is a rich and creamy deep-conditioning hair mask which is great for medium to thick hair, dry hair works wonders in less than 5 minutes.

According to website this supplement is; "Specially formulated to help counteract the effects of both chronic and short-term stress, specially formulated choice of supplement for those with busy and demanding lifestyles." I have the Super Green Molecule and the Geek Molecule and I usually add a teaspoon of each in a glass of fresh juice every morning.

When I am not wearing my classic reds I like to switch with a clean and natural looking nail polishes so I usually wear my current favourite neutral or nude nail polish for a low key and polished look. This Ciaté x Olivia Palermo nail polish in Sundays is one of my must have nail polish this Autumn.

I have been using the Kérastase colour protect line for about half a year or so and have been so happy with how it kept my hair colour from fading quickly because of over washing and too much styling, I usually switch in between the Bain Chroma Captive shampoo with the Bain Chroma Riche whenever my hair starts to feel and look dry and use this Fondant Chromacaptive light conditioner which doesn't make the hair feel greasy or heavy after each washing.

My hair undergoes through a lot of heat from daily styling & blow drying. I like to protect my hair and prevents split ends by applying a dime size amount of this Kérastase Ciment Thermique heat protector before drying my hair and a little bit more before styling it for added extra protection.

After years of using liquid foundation, I finally decided to try mineral powder foundation because I don't like the feeling of "stickiness" or "greasiness" on my face especially on humid weather. I have heard and read great reviews about the brand Bareminerals and one day upon trying it on at Sephora I was really amazed how natural and pretty it looks when applied on my skin, I was originally going to buy just a normal sized mineral powder but I ended up purchasing the Get Started Complexion Kit - Medium (beige) since it is way cheaper buying the kit then starting with the full sized version not knowing wether I would end up using it or not. Gladly, not once have I regret purchasing the kit (which was on sale at the time) and have been happily using it for more than a year now. The kit includes Bareminerals Prime Time Original Primer, Original Foundation, Matte Foundation, Warmth All-Over Face Colour, Mineral Veil Finishing Powder and Flawless Application Face Brush.

So these are the beauty products that I have been using and have really made a huge difference on my day to day. I hope you like my recommendation and let me know in the comment below what you think or if you have tried these products in the past.

Shop the post:




*Save 20% off your order with the code LFBLACK*