11.2.15

Cauliflower & Coconut Soup

DSC_1202



DSC_1203

Hi! Lately I've been making a lot of soup because they are easy to prepare, warms your heart and perfect for Winter days. I made a spicy Cauliflower & Coconut Soup from the recipe book that I bought ages ago for making Easy Soups. Unfortunately I've got a flu and I haven't been this sick for such a long time (thank god!), I'm still a little too tired though to go back to my routine. I have been drinking lots of teas with honey to help soothe my throat, one of the best tea to drink when you are not feeling okay is Pukka Tea Elderberry & Echinacea with Elderflower it's super fruity and comforting. One of the reason why I like this tea is because it contains Echinacea which is a popular herb for treating flu and colds, it smells and tastes good it's like drinking a glass of juice it's sweet and fruity. 

Cauliflower & Coconut Soup

600 ml coconut cream / milk
2 stalks lemongrass, finely sliced
5 cm ginger, peeled and finely sliced into rings
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
100 g small button mushrooms, cut into halves
3 tbsp light soy sauce
600 ml vegetable stock
4 small red or green chillies, slightly crushed
3 tbsp lime juice
fresh coriander leaves, to serve

1. Put the coconut cream / milk, lemongrass, ginger, cauliflower, mushrooms, soy sauce and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer until the cauliflower is cooked, but still firm. 
3. Remove from the heat and add the chillies and lime juice. 
4. Stir once, pour into a serving bowl and top with coriander leaves. 
 (source: Easy Soups, Ryland Peters & Small)

xoxo, Christine