27.1.15

Protein Waffles





Good day! It's blogging time again, today I woke up later than usual so I didn't have enough time to start my workout therefore I made my self a "cheat breakfast" before I my workout. I normally workout before eating because I read that you burn more calories when you're working out on empty while if you workout after eating you are only burning the calories you've eaten, but I don't really care much about that for now because I'm hungry and I want to have enough energy during my workout so I don't end up fainting hahah. 

Power-up Protein Waffles

100g flour
5g baking powder
1 egg
140ml warm skimmed milk
20g melted butter
2 drops vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pea-protein powder

1. Pre-heat the waffle maker. In a large bowl mix the flour and the baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Stir in the vanilla extract, melted butter and warm milk. Pour the mixtures into the flour mixture and beat until everything is blended.
3. Lightly grease your waffle iron with melted butter using a basting brush.
4. Ladle the batter into the waffle maker and cook the waffles until they are golden and crispy. 

I added a little bit of pea protein powder as a power up ingredient to my brekkie, you can use any protein powder if you want and you could also skip it. You may also add any toppings according to your preference, I like mine with berries, banana & homemade dark chocolate syrup. Anyway I better get going and do my workout soon. Kisses x